Simplicity is an effective approach
It is important to tackle long-term problems that will affect our city. Ronn Hall’s is on many local government committees to ensure Santee gets a voice. We have ensured a business friendly climate in Santee that will attract companies and create jobs, but also add value to people living in Santee. When the businesses make money, it creates revenue for the City of Santee that can help with road maintenance, community events such as the summer concerts, and updating parks. The last focal point will be to keep taxes & fees low. If we are able to make responsible choices as a city and effectively budget, there is no reason to raise taxes. These bedrock principles will continue to make Santee a great place to live.
Ronn Hall on the Issues
- Balanced Budget: Keep the City of Santee on a responsible course of action regarding spending.
- Jobs: Cultivate a business-friendly environment in Santee to create jobs in our hometown.
- Taxes & Fees: Impose less taxes & fees to make Santee a more affordable place to live.
- Energy: Research long-term energy efficient options to provide lower costs.
- Transportation: I work with SANDAG, MTS, our Mayor and other council members on traffic congestion, repair roads,
and improving traffic flow to make Santee an easier city to drive in.
- Community: Encourage a sense of community, where people want to live, and be involved.
- Law Enforcement: Work with the Sheriff’s Department to reduce crime and limit drug activity.
- Fire Protection: Work with the Santee Fire Department to ensure they’re fully funded and provide
- City Response: I work hard to ensure the City responds to your concerns. By my request, the City now monitors Facebook, Nextdoor, and many other social networks to look for citizen concerns and quickly respond to them.
Difficult decisions and practical solutions
There are many other important issues in running a city. It is important to take a stance on difficult issues so there is no confusion on where someone stands. I understand to get things done you have to take action, do the work, and do the right thing at all costs. The people of Santee need strong leadership. I”m a 4th generation San Diego native and values community and people over position and politics. I have the endorsement of Santee Mayor John Minto and other community leaders who have a reputation for the same. I can think both tactically and strategically to plan for and forecast challenges and present practical solutions. I’ve already contributed to positive change for the City of Santee and will continue to do so on the Santee City Council.
Paid for by Ronn Hall for City Council 2018. FPPC# to follow. Copyright 2018.